Saturday, April 9, 2011

NEXT Entrepreneur Program

Woke up by a morning call at 8am this morning, get prepared as usual, and heading to Taylors College to facilitate an Entrepreneurship Program held by Money Tree again - NEXT.

So What's NEXT?

Next is a platform in which participants can learn about the stages and processes involved in getting a Company Listed on NEXT via a Simulation, "list their companies" & have other participants TRADE their stocks.

Reach there at 9am. Went to Room G02. After 10 mins of preparation, I saw Jolene, the founder of MOB. I was so happy to see her there actually, cause at least got someone can guide me through my 1st facilitating session. Few minutes later, her partner, SuZhen came too! It was really awesome to work with them.

After we set up everything, the person in-charge of the room was like asking us to shift room to Room B17, due to some internal issues. We were like okay, cool. Lets change then. Joy.

After we moved to Room B17, set up the registration table, video cam and arrange the table, we realized that the air-con is not working! which means, we have to change room again! Indeed, the person in-charge shift us to another room. Luckily this time is just shifting to the next door(:

Everyone came in one after another after registration, some comes in groups, some comes alone. It reminds me when I start joining the YES3 competition last year. Came into the room group by group...

The session was delayed due to the room problem, but it goes perfectly smooth after-all. Throughout the whole sessions, I actually learn some new things and unlearning the old things as well. This is what I find the most interesting part about learning. It sometimes refresh my memories, change my perceptions about the ideas towards Entrepreneurs in my mind.

Just wanna share 1 key to success here,

"When you start moving, don't stop, you just have to keep moving."

I don't think I need to explain or elaborate much about the sentence above. It tells from the sentences right? (:

Sometimes, a simple sentence like that can inspire me, can motivates me to move to a higher level, or may be, I am at the state of being.

There was a Business Stimulation game after our lunch. It was a very nice game actually, on top of that, I am in the same group with both Jolene and Su Zhen, how great isn't it? There are a total 8 groups. At the first 3 and 4th round, we were like losing and rank at last. But after the 7th round, our team is like doing extremely well and went all the way up to the 1st after the 1st session today! Good Job Jolene and Su Zhen! (: Looking forward to carry on NEXT week.

Alright, after a day session in Taylors, I shall go back to my studies already.

BECAUSE, I have 3 TESTs next week!!

Cool right? Good luck for me and my friends(:

Till then. Cheers.

No comments: